Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Year with the greatest films in history!

I love going to the movies! Ever since I was a young child and got a glimpse of Star Wars, I have been hooked on movies. For those that know me, know that I have a true "passion" for all things movies! Movies take us for a front seat ride into laughter, emotions, adventures, action, distant lands, even those in a galaxy far far away! Movies show us people and characters whom we come to love and at times hate or admire. Simply put it movies are fun! I recently started a crazy project where I took 80 different top 100 films lists from IMDB, Flickchart, Letterboxd, and different critics and movie lovers lists I found on line. I took these 80 lists and then formed a master list of the greatest films! If a film was #1 on a list then I awarded it 100pts and so on and then added it all together and got a master list. Obviously this is not a perfect system but I felt it worked as a good frame of reference to build a master list. I wanted a list that had classic films, but also a representation of some of the newer films over the past 15yrs. There are films on the list I have already seen and then there are some I have not. I am looking forward to enjoying each and every one of them. Since I thought of a "year with the greatest films" I will watch roughly 365 films for this project. Obviously I don't have the ability to watch one film a day so this will take a little longer than a year! I plan on posting each film after I have seen them, so if you are interested you can follow along with me. Im not a great writer but I will do my best to give a decently written review and my thoughts and opinions of each film. I will start at #1 and work my way down. In certain cases when I run into a film that's part of a series or trilogy, I will watch the entire trilogy or series. Hope you enjoy! Please comment, I would love to hear anyone's thoughts and opinions.

Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment