Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Let's Play Two!

After the Cards game was washed out last night they rescheduled for a double header today. But it is one of those damn day-night double headers. I wish that baseball wasn't so greedy that they really needed to get gate sales from two games. And the last time I attended a game that was rained out my option was to come back tomorrow for the game... umm I am not from this city, but alas I had no other options. So I was out my $50 without any recourse. So how many people that had tickets last night are now sitting at work eating $50 or more for tickets to a make up game today that they cannot attend? Lets go back to REAL double headers. One ticket, two games! How fantastic an idea. And lets let people attending a rain out to exchange their ticket for another game of their choosing during the season. I bet there are 20,000 at Busch Stadium today for the day game. Quite an atmosphere that will bring in!

The last REAL double header I attended was in 2002. I went with my brother in law and nephew. I was spotted on the jumbo tron without my shirt and my nephew and I had dinner with my parents the next night where he retold the story better than I ever could. "Uncle Keith had 7 beers at the baseball game and didn't eat ANYTHING!" Man that was a fun day. I hope it is not my last double header ever...

No comments:

Post a Comment