Monday, October 1, 2012

Film Club October

I love October movies because I love horror movies. I don't care about all that stuff like pumpkins, candy apples, crisp air, changing trees, but a good scary movie helps pass the month by fantastically. Since I got the luck of the draw I figured that this would be a perfect time to get some of you to see one of my favorite new horror flicks....

Tucker & Dale vs Evil

Not a big horror fan? No big deal. This movie is more comedy than horror although there are a few gross scenes, as is evident 10 minutes into the film, this is no Hostel or Saw. The movie has very high ratings on Rotten Tomatoes from Critics (85%) Top Critics (90%) and the Audience (84%). Tucker and Dale are played by Alan Tudyk, from Firefly fame, and Tyler Labine, Reaper, respectively. And both of them bring the funny. But horror movies revolving around two rednecks needs a  pretty damsel in distress right? Yep, Katrina Bowden who plays Cerie on 30 Rock has that covered.

Tucker & Dale vs Evil is available via Netflix streaming for those of you with a streaming account. There are a lot of great quotes in the movie. This one is likely my favorite: "Oh hidy ho officer, we've had a doozy of a day. There we were minding our own business, just doing chores around the house, when kids started killing themselves all over my property." 

Hope you all enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I watched Tucker and Dale vs Evil the other night and I have to say that I found the film to be rather funny! I prefer more intense type of films but it was nice to just sit back enjoy an laugh at a movie. I enjoyed how the film could keep coming up with ways to make it look like Tucker and Dale were the bad guys like when the girl was helping dig the hole and her friends saw this and said "they are even making her dig her own grave" All in all definintely not an academy award type film but thats ok and what I liked most about it, just crazy humor and fun.

    ReplyDelete