Sunday, March 13, 2011

HBO Boxing

Well, I settled in to watch some boxing this evening after a full day of basketball. Congrats UConn, you have punched your ticket to losing before the sweet 16. There is no way to come back from 5 games in 5 days. Anyway, I was all excited to see an early battle between two young light middleweight fighters who wanted to make a name for themselves. And then I watched the fight between Andy Lee and Craig McEwen I was bored. I was glad that I had gone out and played some trivia and drank a few beers because it looked one sided from the second round on, and then a miracle happened. Boxing came to life the way it is supposed to! Craziness occurred  and the end of the fight was actually watchable.

Also while watching HBO boxing, I am aware that Miguel Cotto is fighting Ricardo Mayorga on PPV this evening. I have no idea how that fight will play itself out, but come on. Once upon a time I remember buying EVERY PPV fight. Now you are trying to get me to buy a fight against a guy that has lost every time he has been in a big fight (Mayorga) against a guy that has dominated every big fight he has been in (Cotto). And at the same time as I can get "free" boxing on HBO. Come on idiots.

OK, on to the main even between Martinez and Dzinziruk for, well... nothing. They own some worthless belts that are not on the line tonight. First note is that Martinez thinks he is Roy Jones Jr. in the ring (and Roy agrees, however I do not, he is just cocky and lazy). It was a pretty action packed fight where it was one sided by Martinez. But hey, action packed is what I am looking for or a regular basis, I do not mind it being one sided or not. Let us all hope that being one sided means you are going to be a dominant fighter for years to come. We need that.

No comments:

Post a Comment