Friday, February 25, 2011

Academy Awards

Im not sure how many people actually watch the Academy Awards. I understand how boring it can get listening to all the acceptance speeches. Being that I am a big movie fan I look upon the Academy Awards as the Super Bowl of the 2010 Movie year. Of the 10 Movies that are nominated for best picture I have only seen 7 of them but I would have to say that I hope 'The King's Speech' wins! I truely enjoyed this film and I think it is very deserving of all its nominations. I also really liked Inception, Black Swan, and True Grit. The Fighter I liked but not as much as the others I mentioned. That leads me to The Social Network. Not sure what it was about this film but I just dont understand all the praises that it has been getting. I thought it was a good, well made film but it just didnt have the same effect on me as the others. I will be rooting for The King's Speech and Colin Firth come Sunday Night.

1 comment:

  1. I do not watch the academy awards, they are long, they do not get to the good awards until past my bedtime now that I am on the East Coast, and they lack Ricky Gervais. Not that I watched that awards show either. As I have stated on many occasions, I never go to movies. The last move I saw in the theater was... well... not a movie. It was the live broadcast of "This American Life" and before that was "The Hangover". So I have to wait for movies on Netflix, and I rarely race them to the top of my queue. I have seen The Kids Are Alright and Inception and enjoyed them both. 7 of the other movies are on my queue. The only one not on my list is The Social Network. I am sure I will see it on HBO or something at some future time.

    I wish they would let you know the final vote totals. I do not need to know who finished 10th, but it would be exciting to see 3rd, 2nd and then 1st announced. And which movie won by the closest margin in history.

    ReplyDelete