Saturday, February 12, 2011

I Need This

My college basketball team keeps throwing away games, my NFL team utterly gave away their season in amazing fashion, my college football team imploded the last month of the season and my NHL team is still two years from kicking hockey ass. So I need one thing right now...

I need El Hombre to sign with the Cardinals for the rest of this life. No, I do not mean he needs to sign for 1 more year, or two, or five, I need him to sign for the next 50. I have set my own lifespan at 70 (tops) so that would allow him another 37 years to bring joy to the Cardinal fans before dancing on my grave. Look, he only needs to play for the next 10 and then he can be a Redbird for life. I am not asking for miracles here. But just get this thing done. Holliday wants it done, and will help out! Boras be damned.

There is nothing better than pitchers and catchers reporting, but this is just torture.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed,
    Im surprised that with all the jesus this and jesus that talk that comes from albert he still plays hardball in order to get a percentage more. Last time I checked greed was still one of the 7 deadly sins.

    Albert, for god's sake, Sign a reasonable deal and let's move on before you lose some respect from a lot of respectful fans.

    I love what holliday is willing to do. Shows true commitment to a team. No one dips into their own bank account for their teammates.


    It's 45 degrees and the feet of snow are melting. Spring is upon us and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pujols can come play for the Cubs!!

    ReplyDelete