Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Crappy Watching Parties

A quote from Bruce: "I watched the game at my friend Lauren's apartment. With 4 women and a married couple who brought their 7 month old child. Most of the women talked through the entire game about work and relationship issues and who was looking cute and how shitty the commercials were that they talked all through"

Hmm... That sounds eerily similar to my Super Bowl party. Except mine was full of Nursing school students, and those are my students. It is very tough to get a good buzz on when surrounded by people you teach. Oh, and they had chips and dip, and SOUP as the Super Bowl fare! SOUP... Where was the pizza, hot wings, hot dogs, deep fried Twinkies on a stick?

4 comments:

  1. I had a bunch of people over last year and just didnt really get to enjoy the game, so i kept it small this year and had some wings, chili, and beer. Big parties are fun but I have to say I watched the entire game and really got to enjoy it. Soup? really?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was subjected to watching the game with Non sports types! Its on a par with watching a movie halfway through and someone keeps asking questions. People who get all worked up over something they don't even understand cracks me up. "who's that big guy playing quarterback? Is he always their QB? " Good god, follow the sport or just shut your mouth. As far as soup being on the menu, ouch. That's almost as bad as forcing millions to watch the black eyed peas perform the halftime show at the SB. oh wait........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel Tosh tweeted Saturday "all girlfriends should be forced to watch the first 44 super bowls before they can talk tomorrow, or complete a 30 yard pass"
    This should go for all the guys who inevitably show up and ask who is playing. Screw them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had one of my smartass friends text me and say "who should i root for?" I said green bay bc they are underdogs he texted me back and said "then go Dallas!" He thought because the game was played in dallas that the cowboys were playing.

    ReplyDelete